Good 2012 Denver Labor Day Deals
Every year around Labor Day weekend, there are extremely Good deals to be had in Denver, particularly on ski and snowboard gear, as major retailers put on huge sales to unload their 2011 inventory and make way for 2012′s new gear. Some of the sales have already begun, and many start this weekend. I put together a list of Good Labor Day deals in Denver below, and I hope you enjoy a wonderful holiday weekend!
Good 2012 Labor Day Deals in Denver:
- REI (August 24-September 3): REI’s Labor Day sale, which has already begun, offers up to 30% off outdoor gear and clothing, up to 50% off end-of-season clearance items, and REI-Outlet.com is featuring “Mega Deals” that are at least 50% off.
- Powder Daze (August 24-September 4): Christy Sports’ sale is already in full swing and offers up to 70% off winter gear. Also, if you buy a Copper Mountain 4 Pack or Winter Park 4 Pass at this sale, they will give you a 5th day free. The sale will again be at the “new” location from last year: 9555 East County Line Road, 80112 in Englewood.
- Salvagetti (August 25-August 31): Salvagetti is celebrating Labor Day and a new location at 3800 Irving St. with a “secret” pre-Labor Day sale featuring 40% off demo bikes, 10-40% off wheelsets, and more.
- SKI REX (September 1-September 3): Colorado Ski & Golf offers a huge sale featuring up to 75% off winter gear, similar to SNIAGRAB. Click here to get a VIP invite, which you can use to shop the sale two days early. This sale features a what I believe is the best kids’ deal around, called Junior Trade-In, through which kids can rent a used snowboard/set of skis, boots, and bindings for $114.99 for the season or rent a set of new equipment for $100 more. Ski Rex’s signature event is located under a super-sized tent at Colorado Ski & Golf’s 2650 S. Havana location.
- Epic Pass (Price guaranteed through September 3rd): The Epic Pass is the best ski pass in Colorado, period. $659 gets you unlimited access to Vail, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Heavenly (California), Northstar (Lake Tahoe), and, new this year, Kirkwood (Lake Tahoe). If you don’t think you’ll use 10 days at Vail and Beaver Creek, consider getting the Epic Local pass for $509 (just don’t plan to ski at either one of those mountains during select blackout dates, which you probably don’t want to do anyway).
- Goodwill (September 3rd): Take 50% off nearly everything in any of the 23 metro area stores, and pray that gaper suits are still available!
- Neptune Mountaineering (September 1-September 4): Neptune is offering 30-50% off in-stock summer clothing, packs, and more.
- SNIAGRAB (September 1-September 16): SNIAGRAB is considered by many to be the best sale on winter sports gear in Denver–featuring up to 80% off previous years’ winter gear such as skis, snowboards, jackets, and gloves at Sports Authority’s Broadway location. This year, in addition to the aforementioned Good deals, when you spend over $300, you also get a free lift ticket at either Winter Park, Copper Mountain, Loveland, or A-Basin (and 2 tickets after spending $500, and 3 tickets after spending $750).
- Wilderness Exchange (Ongoing): Save up to 65% on overstocks, closeouts, and factory 2nds.
- The Clymb (Ongoing): The Clymb has a “Labor Day sale” on outdoors gear, but really their gear is steeply discounted all year. There are currently lots of Good deals to be had!
Good Deals on Denver activities during the 2012 Labor Day weekend:
- The Denver Art Museum will have a free day September 1. Expect it to be packed, though! Click here for a list of all of the free days at Denver attractions in 2012.
- A Taste of Colorado will be taking place in Civic Center Park this long weekend, featuring food, music, arts and crafts, and other entertainment. Admission is free.
- Visit Denver put together a 21012 Denver Labor Day Weekend Guide which can be accessed here.
Good deals on hotel rooms in Denver:
In addition to writing for The Good Life Denver, David works full-time as a Denver real estate agent. David helps his clients (ranging from first-time home buyers, to sellers, to seasoned investors) achieve their real estate goals. Contact him today for all of your Denver real estate needs.