Denver’s Dining Scene Continues to Explode
Denver’s dining scene is fantastic–and year after year, it just keeps getting better and better.
If you are a regular reader of this site you’ve seen my features on Good Denver Food/Drinks. But Denver’s dining scene has gone from having some Good restaurants scattered around the city to quickly becoming one of the hottest dining scenes in the country.
This year, several Denver/Boulder chefs and restaurants are James Beard Award Semi-Finalists:
Best Chef: Southwest
- Dana Rodriguez, Work & Class, Denver (featured on TGLD here)
- Steven Redzikowski, Oak, Boulder
- Alex Seidel, Fruition, Denver
Outstanding Pastry Chef:
- Yasmin Lozada-Hissom, Spuntino, Denver
- Frasca Food and Wine, Boulder (featured on TGLD here)
NPR gave Denver’s dining scene a nod with this story at the end of last year, and the New York Times featured several Good Denver restaurants in a 36 Hours in Denver profile at the beginning of this year. (See below for an NYT video produced in association with that article.)
- Sushi-Rama, a conveyor belt sushi restaurant in RiNo from celebrated chef Jeff Osaka
- Osaka Ramen, also from Jeff Osaka, a ramen restaurant opening in RiNo
- Souk Shwarma, a Middle-Eastern street food restaurant opening in the Highlands
- First Draft, a self-serve tap house with more than 40 taps
- Finn’s Manor, “part food-truck corral and part craft-cocktail bar, Finn’s Manor is the brainchild of the Populist’s Noah Price.”
The bottom line is this: Denver’s dining scene is exploding. If you don’t live here, come visit, and eat! If you do live here, chances are you are loving the dining scene just as much as I am, and I hope you’ll join me in this toast to all of the Denver chefs and restauranteurs who are making Denver a phenomenal place to live, work, play, and eat!
In addition to writing for The Good Life Denver, David works full-time as a Denver real estate agent with Keller Williams Realty Downtown, LLC. David helps his clients (ranging from first-time home buyers, to sellers, to seasoned investors) achieve their real estate goals. Contact David today for all of your Denver real estate needs. Direct: 7/440-2340